I first discovered S’mores Dip on Pinterest. Then my friend Marisa made it at a barbecue last year. That was it. I was in love. What’s not to love? Digestives; good. Melted chocolate; good. Gooey marshmallow; good. And the clincher? It’s the most friggin simple dessert to make. Like, really simple. This isn’t a recipe. I won’t insult your intelligence. It’s just a ‘fling-it-together-and-watch-the-magic-happen’ type affair.
It’s so good I’ve made it twice in the past week. On this occasion it was at our friends barbecue (hence the pics – sorry guys!). I originally wanted normal sized marshmallows but the online shop gave me the mini ones. No biggy. It worked just the same. Quantities will really depend on the size of your dish. Mine are a guide, but to be fair, it doesn’t really matter. It’s going to be awesome regardless. Believe me.
about 300-400g milk chocolate
about 100g marshmallows
I told you exact quantities are not required.
- Break up the chocolate into the bottom of a microwavable dish. You need a decent layer. You want a good amount of chocolate with each scoop.
2. Pop this in the microwave and heat in 30 sec bursts, stirring in between – the stirring is important, I managed to burn some chocolate the first time I made it, duh.
3. Top with marshmallows. Again, don’t be stingy.
4. Pop this under a medium grill (not too hot, you want the marshmallows to have a chance to melt before they burn) and keep a close eye. I erred on the side of ‘very toasted’ in order to ensure the marshmallows had melted. The darker bits taste the best anyway (notice I’ve avoided using the word burnt, ahem).
5. Serve alongside broken up digestives and let everyone dig in.
You can make this in the oven – just break up the chocolate fairly small into an ovenproof dish, top with the marshmallows and shove in a medium hot oven (about 180°C) for about 10 minutes (but keep a close eye and remove before the marshmallow goes black!).
This is possibly one of the simplest desserts you can make, and its a proper crowd pleaser.
Perfect for the likes of a barbecue, where everyone can just dig-on-in. Even the kids. It
might will get messy, but heh ho.
Even The Husband likes this gooey, ridiculously sweet, dessert. And he’s a fussy pants 😉